- General Liability Defense
- Insurance Defense
Nicole L. Winters is a native of Breese, Illinois (Clinton County). Nicole joined The Craney Law Group in early 2018 and brought with her a vast knowledge of the insurance industry.
Nicole obtained her undergraduate degree from Purdue University in May 2006 (Boiler Up!). She then attended Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, formerly The Thomas M. Cooley Law School, and graduated in January 2009. During her time in law school, she practiced as a student attorney for the Washtenaw County Office of Public Defender.
After moving to Michigan and completing law school, she returned to her roots and began practicing for a large personal injury firm in downtown St. Louis, Missouri. Most significantly, however, Nicole has 6 years of experience as in-house counsel for two major insurance companies. This well-rounded experience, both personal injury and in-house defense, provided her with the ability to understand each side of a disputed case and properly prepare it for trial. This experience also prepared her for a move to the private sector.
Nicole's practice is focused on general liability defense and all aspects of litigation, specifically in cases involving automobile and trucking accidents, premises liability, and construction defects. She has first and second-chair trial experience for both jury trials and bench trials in both Illinois and Missouri. Additionally, she has vast experience with arbitration, often serving as a panel arbitrator for uninsured and underinsured claims.
- Western Michigan University, Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. - 2009
- Purdue University , West Lafayette , Indiana
- B.A. - 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- Metro East Humane Society, Development Committee Volunteer, Present
- Madison County Arbitration Center, Volunteer Arbitrator, Present
- Washtenaw County Office of Public Defender, Student Attorney
- Greater St. Louis Claims Association, Board of Directors, Present
- Theodore McMillian American Inn of Court, Alumnus
- Delta Zeta, University of Missouri-St. Louis, Collegiate Chapter Director, Present