- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Civil Litigation
- Dispute Resolution
Josh brings to Craney Law Group LLC an interest in law that has enabled him to study around the world. A graduate of the University of Connecticut School of Law and the College of Charleston, in Charleston, South Carolina, he has also studied with Lafayette College near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; New York University in Italy; and Cornell University in New York City. He has had an active interest in the law since he began his undergraduate career, aiding attorneys at both the juvenile rights division of The Legal-Aid Society in Brooklyn, New York and with the Rosen Law Firm, LLC in Charleston, South Carolina.
Before joining Craney Law Group LLC, Josh worked extensively with Simmons Hanly Conroy LLC, holding positions in both their New York and Alton, Illinois offices. In addition, Josh has held positions with Moore Leonardt & Associates in Hartford, CT and with the Connecticut Office of the Attorney General at the University of Connecticut Health Center/ Medical School, where he helped create a medical professional database for a startup national staffing firm.
In law school, Josh practiced as a student-attorney in the Civil Litigation & Advocacy Clinic at the St. Louis University School of Law representing clients in both Illinois and Missouri. He competed in the University of Connecticut School of Law's William R. Davis '55 Mock Trial Competition and Proceeded to the quarterfinals. He was also a recipient of a Dean's Merit Scholarship and the Gary R. Ginsberg '55 Family Scholarship at the University of Connecticut School of Law where he earned his Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree, with a focus on civil litigation. Joshua completed a semester at the St. Louis University School of Law before graduating. He was also the president and captain of the law school's ice hockey team.
Joshua brings a wide variety of skills to the firm along with an array of experiences in civil litigation and dispute resolution.
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 2017
- College of Charleston, Charleston, South Carolina
- B.S. - 2013
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Illinois, 2017
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2017
- Missouri, 2018
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 2018
- ISBA THE POLICY, October 2018, vol. 63, no. 2
- ISBA THE POLICY, December 2018, vol. 63, no. 3
- ISBA THE POLICY, May 2019
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship-University of Connecticut School of Law
- Gary R. Ginsberg '55 Family Scholarship-University of Connecticut School of Law
- Volunteer Attorney, Second Chance Saturdays, Present
- 0 Handicap Golfer, Former NCAA Div. 1 Men’s Golfer
- Simmons Hanly Conroy LLC
- Moore Leonardt & Associates
- Connecticut Office of the Attorney General at the University of Connecticut Health Center/ Medical School
- Civil Litigation & Advocacy Clinic at the St. Louis University School of Law, Student-Attorney
- Rosen Law Firm, LLC
- Illinois State Bar Association, Insurance Law Section Council